Living on a tiny red dot

Sunday, July 09, 2006

My 12 years of wait is over!


My 12 years of wait for Italy to lift the World Cup once again for the 5th times was offically over this morning, score tied at 1-1 after 120 minutes of football which France was dominating most of the game before Zidane was sent off for headbutting Materazzi after a heated discussion.

When the game was held to penalty shoot out, tension raised and butterfly were in my stomach having known that the Azzurri ( the Italian) were not good in penalty shootout and the image of USA' 94 which i watched Roberto Baggio missed the last penalty to hand the World Cup to Brazil, the image is still very clear in my mind.

However, that image was clearly replaced with Grosso hitting the winning penalty and the Italian holding the World Cup in their hand, i knew my 12 years of wait was finally over. Cannavaro (the captain who is holding the World Cup and standing tall above others) was my inspiration throughout the whole campiagn. Someone have asked me about my birthday wish last week and deep inside my heart i know what was the biggest birthday wish i could have asked for, to see Italy winning the World Cup. I am a happy 20 years old. Long live Azzurri!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home