Living on a tiny red dot

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Subscribe to my blog! No subscription charges!

Activated my site feeds subscribed to Feedsburner for quite sometime already. I went around asking pipples how do they get update on my blog? This is one of the most common replies i get so far, ' eh i just click on your website in my internet browser to view lor' and when all they clean up their history, my website get erased again and they start asking for my web address again. Ask them to subscribe and they will tell me they don't know how to use the RSS Feeds. Nair mind, i will give my readers tutorial on how to subscribe to my blog via RSS Feeds.




Click to enlarge the pictures if you cannot see clearly.

Firstly, i am not sure if this work for Internet Explorer because i have not been using that browser for 3 years ever since i found Firefox
(integrated pop up stopper to prevent adware and spyware and several embedded functions to benefits user). Its one of the best browsers to ever benefit netizenIf you don't have Firefox, download it. For those with , when coming into my website, on the bottom right hand corner of your browser you will find a small feeds iconclick on it and they will ask you to subscribe to my blog via xml or RSS 2.0; click on either one and a bookmark will pop up. Click 'Ok' to save the bookmark and my webpage will be save into ur bookmark. Its a 'live' bookmark, meaning that whenever u highlight my webpage in your bookmark, when there's an update on my blog, new entry will be added into the sub-tab in the bookmark. It works with all website wich have feeds subscribed in it. Its simple and its free, no extra subscription charges!

This is also one of the reasons why i chose Firefox over IE, it have an emebedded RSS feeds functions integrated inside to allow me to subscribe to websites that have feeds in them so that i do not need to keep on clicking (will spoilt my mouse easily one leh!) to the same website to check for update. Its all automated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home