Living on a tiny red dot

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

National Day Special

Got this article while reading tomorrow.sg, i guessed the author of the blog chose a write time to release this article about his interview with David Marshell, in case teenagers or pipples of my age who did not study Singapore History during their 10 years of compulsory education and don't know who is David Marshell (shame on those who didn't have any idea who is David Marshell), click on the link on his name to know more about this local opposition politician.

Excrept:

'Many years ago, I made a promise to David Marshall, the first Chief Minister of Singapore and one of Singapore’s finest legal minds.

The promise was to publish in full an interview, which I had with him on 5 May 1994 at the offices of Singapore law firm, Drew & Napier. Today, about 12 years after the interview and as Singaporeans celebrate 41 years of independence, I am pleased to make public this interview in full and keep a promise made.

This interview was part of an assignment for my college newsletter, which I completed with two others. An edited version of this interview was published in my college newsletter that same year.

He died soon after in 1995. I felt privileged to have met David Marshall in his lifetime. It was a dream come true since, from the age of 12, I had always wanted to meet him.'

<Full story>

Its an inspiring interview, read it. To all reader of my blog, wishing you guys a Happy National Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home